(Tox Dev Talks is a series of weekly meetings that bring the Tox developer community together to share ideas, progress, and miscellaneous chatter. They take place Saturdays at 16:00 UTC.)
In this week’s meeting, as usual, we discussed a variety of topics, which have been summarized below.
(Edited 2015/08/30: a few factual corrections were made. Apologies for letting them slip past editing -ak)
- Package signing
- Jenkins will handle it
- Possibility of making Jenkins push notify on changes
- Package signing
- We discussed how much off-topic discussion and other noise we are willing to allow on #tox-dev
- Possibly enabling colors for improved build info
- nurupo expressed concern of color misuse
- Social media
- We reminded the managers of each Tox-related account of their responsibilities
- Social media will now link to EVERY blog post
- GSoC mentors should come up with a GSoC blog post
- Our website
- installgen2 is working on redesigning tox.chat from scratch, this will take 3-7 days to complete
- Mannol has said there will be more commits this (2015-08-29) weekend
- New groupchats
- JFreegman is still waiting on irungentoo to implement the difficult codebase changes
- Core and client updates
- Zetok will be tagging qTox issues
- in-progress UI redesign
- New groupchats once ToxAV gets merged, and the refactor in that branch gets merged
- Other developments
- nurupo is working on fixing bugs and refactoring code in code base of GSoC project he mentored
- codedust is developing https://github.com/codedust/WebTox – a web based tox client
I recommend let Tox supports color, like IRC.
I like green! Green on black is a good option, though it doesn’t have to be the only one.
Please fix the portability issue- with recent builds portability is gone- checked ‘Make Tox portable’ does not work. The last build which was really portable was the one from 2015.03.14, after that qTox insists on writing to C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\tox ignoring its own settings. This problem has been reported many times (https://github.com/tux3/qTox/search?q=portable&type=Issues&utf8=✓), but still to no avail unfortunately. Since Tox is decentralized and serverless portability is absolutely essential.
Comments are closed.